Monday, August 2, 2010

Bienvenido Gustavo!






Last night I had the pleasure of watching the LA opera performance of Carmen at the Hollywood Bowl. Giddy beyond belief, I walked in with high expectations of my conductor crush Gustavo Dudamel of the LA Philharmonic and was left speechless by the end. A fiery man with wild hair from Venezuela, Gustavo exuded everything from intense ferocity to gentle emotion throughout the opera. Such a gorgeous thing to watch, especially encompassing the wonderful singers perfectly playing the roles within the dangerous love story of Carmen. I was glued to my seat, wine glass in hand, enraptured by Gustavo's every movement, every toss of head and gritting of teeth. It was an unforgettable evening and I am so happy I was able to witness him in action before I move north. PasiĆ³n! Emocionante!

No comments:

Post a Comment