Monday, April 12, 2010

Sonnet XVI


I love the handful of earth you are,
because of its meadows, vast as a planet,
I have no other star. You are my replica 
of the multiplying universe.

Your wide eyes are the only light I know
from extinguished constellations,
your skin throbs like the streak
of a meteor through the rain.

Your hips were that much of the moon for me
your deep mouth and its delights that much sun
your heart, fiery with its long red rays

was that much ardent light, like honey in the shade.
So I pass across your burning form 
kissing you- compact and planetary, my dove, my globe.

- Pablo Neruda

 Le adoro la translación de Soneto XVI por el poeta Español Chileno. Increíble.


1 comment:

  1. one day i'll write you one of these. i'll present it at your wedding. deal? deal.

    ReplyDelete